Australia customs currently has new Australian Biosecurity Import Conditions (BICON) Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for sending used surgical equipment to Australia for servicing.
For the benefit of our members, SVA has collated the following information:
BICON SOP for sending items to Australia:
- Book Fedex shipment and pick up as commercial invoice number and airway bill is needed for applying for the veterinary certificate. Take note that the Virkon treatment should be 72 hours prior to export.
- Log in to GoBusiness Licensing Portal at https://www.gobusiness.gov.sg/licences to apply for a veterinary certificate
- Follow the step by step guide sent by AVS. Click here to download.
- Submit an application along with a supporting document such as a declaration letter stating that the veterinary equipment has been treated with Virkon within 72 hours of departure/export.
- Ensure that all BICON import conditions are met prior to submitting your application.
- To facilitate approval, bring the equipment packed in a bag/suitable container either to Changi Animal & Plant Quarantine Station (CAPQ) or to AVS HQ at JEM for sealing using AVS official seal.
Note: SVA does not regulate the import or export of any veterinary-related products. The information presented here is purely for the convenience of our members.