We are currently seeking a Veterinary Assistant to join Pet Space Central Vet Surgery.
Pet Space Group is always looking for talented people to join our team.
We offer structured career development, competitive remuneration and the chance to work in some of the most interesting and diverse parts of the world.
As part of an established and highly regarded clinical team, you’ll bring functionality and support to the team to ensure our patients and clients receive the very best care whilst with us.
Pet Space Group also has an experienced specialist consultant to provide training to the team in order to grow together.
In addition, we have our own legal counsel on top of our group’s professional indemnity insurance, so you will have extensive support whenever you need it.
With all the above, we can work toward our concept on “MEDUTAINMENT”
Veterinary assistants are important members of today’s modern veterinary team. They work alongside veterinary surgeons and veterinary nurses to provide vital nursing care, ensuring that the wellbeing of small animal patients is paramount.
Here’s a snapshot of some of the key duties related to this role:
• Feed, groom and weigh animals.
• Clean cages and bathe animals, exercise them if necessary.
• Keep the clinic clean, ability to operate the diagnostic equipment’s and management of surgical equipment.
• Animal restraint to allow examination.
• Provide first aid to pets in an emergency, stabilizing them until a doctor can take over.
• Administer medication prescribed by Veterinarians
• Observe animal behaviour or health condition and report to the Vet
• Experience as a Veterinary Assistant or similar position working with animals is a plus
• Experience in an administrative & customer service role is a plus
• Comfortable being around animals (cats, dogs etc.)
• Excellent communication skills
• Patient and caring personality
• Ability to follow instructions properly
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the job
• Able to work under high pressure
• Shift duties (some locations)
• Current or former pet ownership is an advantage
• Can speak English & Mandarin is an advantage
• High school diploma; a certificate from a Veterinary Assistant program is a plus
• Ability to show empathy to owners and fellow colleagues
• Competitive Salary
• Medical Insurance & Dental Insurance
• Education Allowance
• Monthly Bonus
• Staff Discount
If you think you could be the right person for this job, enjoy working with people and being a family members of the Hong Kong’s largest veterinary group, please take action by sending your CV with expected salary & availability details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Post expires at 4:10pm on Monday January 8th, 2024