The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) is looking for junior and senior veterinarians to join our community animal clinic. The SPCA’s clinic is unique, as it is a not-for-profit clinic serving needy animals in Singapore. These include street dogs and cats, abused and rescued animals, shelter animals and, eventually, pets from low income households.
As part of the clinic team, you will be responsible for the provision of the highest standards of veterinary medicine and care. As our clinic is currently expanding, you will be instrumental in helping us grow and develop into a full-fledged community animal clinic. You will also be involved with community health programmes that make a direct and positive impact on the lives of animals and their human caregivers.
- Fulfil our mission to provide quality veterinary medicine to needy animals
- General clinical duties including consultations and surgeries
- Oversee the health and welfare of all animals in the clinic and shelter
- Monitor clinic and shelter disease control measures
- Be actively involved with the strategic development, planning and delivery of enhanced veterinary capabilities and impactful community health programmes
- Assist with developing and running a training programme for veterinary personnel
- Passion for animal welfare and strong interest in shelter medicine
- Degree in Veterinary Medicine recognised by the Animal and Veterinary Service, a cluster of NParks
- At least one year of small animal clinical experience for junior veterinarian applicants and seven years for senior veterinarian applicants
- Experience and qualifications in shelter medicine preferred
- Experience performing a range of soft tissue and orthopaedic surgeries required for senior veterinarian applicants
- Mature and personable with excellent interpersonal skills to work collaboratively and interact at all levels
- Able to work shifts, including on weekends
Please send in your application to firstname.lastname@example.org stating ‘Veterinarian’ in the subject field, including your CV and a cover letter indicating your interest in the position. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Post expires at 4:52pm on Tuesday March 17th, 2020