The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) is looking for a talented, strategic and dynamic individual to join our organisation’s senior leadership team.
As the deputy executive director, you will oversee SPCA’s education and outreach efforts, public relations, fundraising and stakeholder engagement and management, taking a hands-on approach when required. You will inspire and empower dedicated teams to achieve targets and provide critical support for our animal protection work.
- Lead the strategic development, planning and delivery of impactful programmes and services, while motivating staff to perform at their best
- Enhance education and outreach efforts to deliver key animal welfare messages to a broad based audience
- Oversee and develop SPCA’s communication platforms, and publicity and branding efforts, and actively enhance message delivery
- Oversee volunteer management and actively grow and develop the volunteer base
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy to grow the organisation’s income, and develop and build positive relationships with donors
- At least five years of management experience with direct reports, preferably with communications, marketing or fundraising as part of portfolio
- Experience in the strategic planning, design and delivery of impactful programmes
- Proven track record in leading teams to meet and exceed targets
- Degree in any discipline
- Qualifications in the areas of business, marketing or communications an advantage
- Passion for animal welfare
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning, analytical and decision making abilities
- Be able to take a hands-on approach to managing departments
- Possess multidisciplinary project skills and able to work under the pressure of various concurrent priorities
- Mature and personable with excellent interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders including board members, staff, volunteers, donors and external community partners
Please send in your application to email@example.com stating ‘Deputy Executive Director’ in the subject field, including your CV, a cover letter expressing your interest in the position and expected salary. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
* Please note that for all positions, you must be prepared to travel to 50 Sungei Tengah Road. Please check to make sure that the distance is not too far for you to travel before applying.