We are seeking an MRI-trained technician to be a part of our specialist and emergency hospital for animals. We are one of only two veterinary hospitals to have a 1.5T high field MRI in the country.
You will be working in the imaging department. Collaboration opportunities will be plenty with a team of specialist clinicians, experienced vets, and nurses to provide excellent patient care. Hands-on training to work with animals will be provided.
The facility is equipped with an in-house laboratory, 2 digital radiography rooms, 3 state-of-the-art surgical suites, fluoroscopy, ultrasonography, ICU telemetry, dog wards, cat ward, exotics/birds ward, rigid and flexible endoscopy, 16 slice CT with 3D recon abilities, a brand new 1.5T GE MRI.
– Set up MRI algorithms for patients
– Ensuring MRI safety rules are followed
– Assist nurses with anesthesia of patients undergoing imaging and monitor these patients post GA
– Set up appropriate equipment for CT, MRI, and ultrasounds
– Keep track of imaging inventory and keep up with all maintenance of machines
– Maintain good medical records including client communications
– Being able to troubleshoot any minor issues and contact the GE imaging help desk if needed
– Maintain the “flow” of the daily schedule by starting cases on time and helping with the coordination of the schedule
– Keep the prep room, recovery area, monitoring desk, and MR room clean and organized
– Must be an MRI-trained. Would consider any human nurse or technician with this training
– Certified/registered Veterinary Technician diploma or degree is advantageous but not necessary
– Ability to multi-task
– Strong organizational skills
If you have always been interested, please send your CV to email@example.com