Due to an expanding caseload, Westside Emergency is recruiting a veterinary nurse/technician to join our passionate, close-knit team that is dedicated to achieving the best possible patient outcomes.
Westside Emergency is a dedicated veterinary emergency and critical care (ECC) service, located in upper Bukit Timah. Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, the hospital is staffed with an outstanding team of emergency veterinarians and nurses working alongside specialists in Landon Veterinary Specialists.
We aim to provide a responsive, comprehensive emergency and referral service to Singapore primary care veterinarians, their clients and their pets. We provide highly professional and clinical standards, tempered with genuine care and compassion.
Westside Emergency is well equipped with digital radiology, ultrasound, endoscope, in-house laboratory, patient monitors and sophisticated emergency and surgical facilities.
Our nursing team is highly valued and encouraged to utilise their skills and to work autonomously to support our emergency veterinarians in providing exceptional patient care.
Work 7 x 12 hour shifts spread out over a fortnight. There is plenty of personal downtime between shifts for rest and hobbies to ensure sustainable shift-working.
We are searching for an experienced emergency nurse or technician with the ability to multitask and work well as a team in an often face-paced environment. Referral hospital experience is preferable, but a strong general practice background is looked highly upon.
On the job training will be provided with ongoing support by senior nurses and veterinarians. Applicants must possess the ability to work unsupervised as well as demonstrate reasonable proficiency in basic nursing skills such as intravenous catheter placement, fluid therapy, drug dose calculations, use of monitoring equipment and assessing vital signs, as the role involves a large degree of autonomy and use of initiative.
– At least 2 years’ full-time experience in veterinary general practice post-qualification
– Certificate iv in veterinary nursing or equivalent will be ideal
– Must be able to work night shifts
– Able to communicate in a professional manner with team mates and clients
– Strong team player
– Excellent communication skills
– Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
– Previous experience in an emergency or specialist veterinary hospital (but not essential)
– Expand your clinical skills and knowledge in a supportive, exciting and dynamic environment
– In-house continuous education/ professional development
– Mentorship, on job training and continuous workplace support
– Staff discounts
– Transport allowance
Embark on a challenging and rewarding career with us today! To apply, please send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org