The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) is looking for a passionate, talented and strategic experienced executive to lead the organisation.
As the Executive Director, you will oversee the running of the organisation, including SPCA’s animal welfare services and programmes, outreach and advocacy efforts, public relations, fundraising, stakeholder engagement and general administration, taking a hands-on approach when required. You will inspire and empower a dedicated team, work to raise the standards of animal welfare and move us towards our vision of a compassionate Singapore where animals are treated with kindness and respect.
- Work closely with the board to lead the strategic development, planning and delivery of impactful programmes and services
- Oversee the management of operations
- Lead SPCA’s efforts to reform Singapore’s animal related laws and policies, and serve as an effective advocate for change
- Oversee education and outreach efforts, and develop the organisation’s communication platforms, to effectively deliver key animal welfare messages to a broad based audience
- Serve as the main spokesperson for the organisation
- Develop positive relationships with all stakeholders and work collaboratively to help further SPCA’s mission
- Oversee fundraising efforts to provide for sufficient income to sustain and expand SPCA’s work
- Manage budgets and ensure prudent use of resources
- Oversee the management and development of SPCA’s human resources
- Ensure practice of robust operational and financial processes, and compliance to all legal and regulatory requirements
- At least seven years of management experience
- At least two years as part of an organisation’s senior strategic leadership team
- Experience in the strategic planning, design and delivery of impactful programmes and services
- Proven track record in leading teams for success, innovating and driving growth
- Experience in successful budget planning and financial decision making
- Experience in the not-for-profit or animal related sector an advantage
- Degree in any discipline
- Qualifications in the areas of business, marketing or communications, or in an animal related field an advantage
- Passion for animal protection and knowledge of animal welfare issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning, analytical and decision making abilities
- Be able to take a hands-on approach to managing departments
- Possess multidisciplinary project skills and able to work under the pressure of various concurrent priorities
- Mature and personable with excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders including board members, staff, volunteers, donors and external community partners
Please send in your application to email@example.com stating ‘Executive Director’ in the subject field, including your CV, expected salary and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position and why you feel you are suitable for the role. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
* Please note that for all positions, you must be prepared to travel to 50 Sungei Tengah Road. Please check to make sure that the distance is not too far for you to travel before applying.
Post expires at 11:05am on Wednesday September 1st, 2021