In April 2020, AVS had informed that online CPE by local institutions (including SVA) would be recognised as structured CPE points. This was to allow veterinarians to continue fulfilling CPE requirements amidst cancellation of CPE events and travel restrictions due to COVID-19.
As the global COVID-19 situation remains unpredictable, this arrangement will continue from April 2020 until further notice. Please note that this includes events endorsed by SVA*, using the criteria below:
- 1Events that are previously (prior to COVID 19) considered structured events e.g. previously requiring physical participation but have been converted to virtual/hybrid events.
- 2Events conducted by internationally recognised veterinary specialists/ experts in their particular field.
- 3Events organised by established veterinary CPE providers e.g. (not limited to ) CVE, Vet Education, VetGirl, Veterinary Bodies/Associations.
- 4Events topics that pertain to veterinary medicine, veterinary practice. (Only talks related to the above mentioned topics qualify as structured points. i.e. in the event where a full-day conference has 1 hour of talk pertaining to veterinary medicine, only 1 hr will quality as structured points)
NOTE: Members are advised to check if the event in question is already endorsed by SVA in the list below (use Ctrl + F to search). This public database will slowly grow over time. Manual endorsement by SVA will take at least 2 weeks.
Veterinarians are advised to plan their CPE activities in advance, according to the revised CPE framework. Veterinarians still need their own proof of attendance and certificate for each endorsed event.
Veterinarians are reminded that AVS is the regulatory body of the local veterinary profession, not SVA.
List of endorsed CPE events:
- International Society for Feline Medicine 14th Congress (8-10 Aug 2020)
- International Society for Feline Medicine 15th Congress (25-27th Jun 2021)
- IVECCS 2021 (Veterinary Emergency Critical Care Society)
- Southern European Veterinary Conference 2020 (3-12 Nov 2020)
- Southern European Veterinary Conference 2021 (21-23 Oct 2021)
- WSAVA Congress 2021
Event information to be provided:
- Name of organiser
- Brief introduction of event description
- Date of event
- Speakers' profile
- CPE attendance certificate clearly stating: number of hours attended, dates attended.
- To provide SVA with 2 weeks’ time frame before reverting.