Landon Vet Specialist seeks full time veterinary associates interested in emergency and critical care.
We are building a dynamic team of motivated, passionate Vets and Vet Techs who believe in evidence-based medicine and gold standard patient care.
Our clinic is a surgical and referral facility. We have everything you will need to provide an excellent standard of care including multi-parameter patient monitors, in-house laboratory, digital radiography, CT, endoscopy and support/consultation from specialists. The emergency and critical care department will be responsible for primary assessment, treatment and management of presenting emergency cases, after-hours monitoring and treatment of referred cases from neighbouring GP clinics and after-hours monitoring of specialist in-patients.
The position – VETERINARIANS:
This opportunity would suit energetic individuals who enjoys learning, the challenge of a busy hospital and who enjoys a multi-disciplinary specialist hospital environment. Full time hours will include day and night shifts, weekends and public holidays on a rotational roster. Shifts are mostly 12 hours, allowing more days off per week.
– At least 1-2 years clinical experience preferred due to sole charge requirements, (worry not, clinical support will always be accessible when needed)
– Previous ECC/rotational internship experience will be highly regarded, but not essential as training will be provided.
– Willingness to learn, strong work ethics and be a team-player.
– Brilliant client communication
– Possess a veterinary degree/qualifications registrable with the Agri-Food And Veterinary Authority (AVA).
The position – VET TECHNICIANS/NURSES:
No proper emergency centre can operate without an awesome team of vet techs! We are looking for detail-oriented individuals who are not afraid of challenging themselves and learning new skills. The position will involve triaging emergencies, assistance with emergency procedures, anaesthetic monitoring, lab work, day and overnight hospitalisation (intensive) care and reception work. Full time hours will include day and night shifts, weekends and public holidays on a rotational roster. Shifts are mostly 12 hours, allowing more days off per week.
– 2+ years of Veterinary Nursing experience with established animal handling skills
– Emergency experience is an advantage but not mandatory as we will train you
– Good spoken and written English. Knowledge of other languages would be beneficial
– A flexible, friendly and positive attitude
– Take pride in your work, no matter how menial the task
What’s on offer:
– a healthy regard for your work life balance
– a competitive salary, commensurate with experience
– An interesting and varied role
– A dynamic and supportive team environment
– support for continuous education and special interests
If this sounds like the job for you please send your application including CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post expires at 12:18am on Wednesday June 6th, 2018